1. Connect to your 3G network.
2. Go to Network and Sharing Center (Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center)
3. Click on the 3G connection. In my case, the network name is Singtel.
4. Click Properties at the bottom.
5. Go to Sharing tab. Check the box “Allow others network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”. In the dropdown box, select “Wireless Network Connection“. Once done, click the Settings button.
6. Check the last box “Web Server (HTTP)”. This will allow other computer to access Internet via this connection.
Click OK to return to the Network and Sharing center.
7. Next, click on the “Set up a new connection or network”
8. Scroll down until you find the option “Set up a wireless ad hoc network”. Select it.
9. Give this network a name and a password. Click Next.
10. On the next screen, click “Turn on Internet Connection sharing”.
That’s it. You can now connect to this computer and access the Internet from other computers.
If you find that the above method is too difficult for you, then Connectify can make your life much easier.
Connectify is a free (as of now) software that enables you to create a WIFI hotspot with a snap. It is easy to use and there is only minimal configuration required.
1. Download and install Connectify.
2. Run Connectify.
3. Click the Connectify icon at the system tray.
4. Give the network a name and a password. Under the Internet dropdown box, select your 3G connection (it works for wireless connection and LAN connection as well).
Once you are done, simply click the Start Hotspot button at the bottom. You will be able to connect to this computer and access the Internet now.