Also checkout our recent article about 12 Interesting Computer Facts
As we all know, our lives revolve around technology more and more as the years pass. There is always something new being presented to human beings when it comes to technology, and we never cease to become bored of it. There are plenty of things about technology that would interest you or amuse you. Continue reading along to learn more about 20 amusing technology facts that may have never crossed your mind until now.
1. The majority of computer users blink 7 times per minute at most, compared to the normal blink rate of 20 blinks per minute.
2. Email was invented before the web; which means that it has been around longer.
3. The home of Bill Gates was designed with the use of a Macintosh Computer.
4. The original Macintosh case which was created during the year of 1982, contains 47 signatures of the division of Apple’s Macintosh members.
5. Doug Engelhard invented the very first computer mouse which was made out of wood. He created it in 1964.
6. On a regular work day for a typist, their fingers travel at an average rate of about 12.6 miles per day.
7. The state of Alaska is the only state whose letters can be typed in a straight row of keyboard letters.
8. Ebay has about $680 worth of transactions that take place per second.
9. There are more than one million domain names that are registered online per month.
10. Apple, Microsoft, HP, and Google are all IT applications that started development in a garage.
11. The social Media website Myspace has about 110 million registered users. If the social media site had been considered a country it would be the 10th largest; right after Mexico.
12. Youtue.com was registered February 14th, 2005.
13. The Dvorak keyboard is known to be more efficient and 20 times faster than Querty.
14. Computer programming is an occupation that is growing faster than any other.
15. The first online advertisement banner was created and used in the year of 1994.
16. Hewlett Packard, which is more known as HP, was invented in a garage in Palo Alto during the year of 1939.
17. As of this year, there are currently 17 billion devices that are connected or related to the internet and the use of the internet.
18. About 1 out of 8 couples met their spouse on the internet within the past few years. There are more people meeting their significant others online each year.
19. If you are able to find a way to hack into Facebook then they will pay you up to $500.
20. There are about 1 billion instant messenger accounts that are active around the world today.
The above are 20 interesting facts about technology that you may or may not have been aware of. Now that you know that you can share these facts with other people who might not know about them. It is most certainly considered to be entertainment for your brain.
Also do read Top 10 facts about space you didn’t know