With the day by day increasing number of people using Google accounts, the chances of hacking accounts and using them for illegal actions are going higher. If you are also scared about getting the password of your account stolen, you should know more about 2 step authentication process to secure your Google account. It is nothing but an extra layer of security to your account that reduces the chances of unauthorized access to your account. As it is easier than you think to steal password of an account, you should definitely opt for setting two step verification method to open your account. Know more about the entire deal here –
Why should your protect your account this way?
You might have known about the disastrous results of getting your account hacked. Someone can not only use your account illegally but also create blunders by sending mails and texts to people pretending to be you. Just think about the serious results that will occur out of the following actions a person can take after stealing your password –
- Using your account for malicious activities such as sending vulgar emails and texts to people pretending to be you.
- Discovering other important accounts such as internet banking and shopping sites etc. and passwords to other accounts.
- Checking your emails and pics and using them for illegal practices.
Stealing your password becomes easy for one when you use same password for more than one site or click on links in email messages. In order to avoid all the unwanted activities one can do with your password and account, it is best to set up two step authentication to protect your account.
How to set up two step authentication?
It is not a tough task for you to set up two step authentication for your account and protecting it strongly. Once you set up this kind of authentication process, any hacker will have also possess your phone apart from your password. Here is the stepwise process of setting two step verification –
- Sign into your Google account and go to the setting page and then clicking on account.
- Click on security at the top.
- Click on password and select setup for ‘2 step verification’. This will lead you towards the setting page of 2 step verification.
- A stepwise guide to the setup process will help you protect your account with two step authentication.
- Add backup phone numbers and keep backup codes secure somewhere to get access to your account when you don’t have your phone number with you.
- This is how the process completes. Next time whenever you will sign into your account, you will get a verification code through text on your phone. You can add more than one backup phone numbers with your account.
This is all about two step verification process and way to set it up. Now, one will never be able to get access to your account even after stealing your password. Moreover, if you are not trying to signing into your account and you receive a verification code from Google in your phone, you should understand that someone else is trying to open your account using your password but until and unless he or she will have that Google verification code, it is impossible to get access to the account.