Our tool of choice was GS RichCopy 360 which is provided by a GuruSquad.The name is very similar to the utility created by Microsoft called RichCopy. However, they are different.
GS RichCopy 360 offers many features and extremely robust and solid. Here are some of the main highlights we loved about it:
- Multithreading file copier: GS RichCopy 360 multithreading technology works like no other and I really mean it. It utilizes all the available logical cores to distribute the threads evenly. Most of the other competitors do not offer multithreading, but the ones that do, they use one core on to copy all the threads (Core0).
- Long Path Name Support: Out of the Box, GS RichCopy 360 can work with long pathname with no issues. It detect long path names and deals with them accordingly.
- Copy NTFS file permissions: For the companies and IT professionals, GS RichCopy 360 can copy NTFS permissions, file attributes, and folder dates with a simple check box.
- Run as a Service: You can set GS RichCopy 360 to run as a service and set jobs to run automatically.
- Email Summary: You can have it send you an email summary when the copy job is done and whether it was successful or failed.
- The application is very easy to use and intuitive. It offers a wizard to create copy jobs but also offers an expert mode for advanced users (or users that have become familiar with it).
- Ability to copy open and locked files. This feature is very practical to ensure full copy. Users no longer have to close files to copy them.
- The product comes with unlimited email and phone support. We actually tested them. Nothing is better than having solid product with great support behind it.
As of the time we conducted this evaluation, GS RichCopy 360 is offered for $49.99/license. We compared it to other software that sell at its price range (Vice Versa Pro, Allwaysync, Suresync, and MS richcopy). GS RichCopy 360 was certainly the winner with flying colors.
Frankly speaking, we even compared it to products like Peersync ($1700/license) and Doubletake ($3000/license) and it performed very well against them. It actually provided better results than peersync in terms of performance and ease of use.
Below are some of the different screenshots from GS RichCopy 360.
Simple to use wizard
Full real-time visibility to see how your job is functioning.
A simple single pane of glass dashboard that inform you on how all your jobs are doing.
As you configure a job to copy or move data, you configure everything from one single screen.