Google made it easy to add and manage multiple user accounts on Android Lollipop.
This is especially works well on tablets, which are idyllic for sharing amid family members.
Below tutorial will explain how to manage user on android lollipop
Below are the steps to Add multiple user to your android lollipop
- Pull down the notification menu from the home screen or lock screen.
- Tap on the round icon on the top right corner (this displays your profile picture which you have logged in)
- This will open a user setting screen, where you can add either new user, new guest
New Guest – Guest profile is helpful for handling your device to those who just wishes to run a particular app momentarily without accessing any of your personal information. Then select “Add Guest” and add the profile to which you want to play around on your tablet or phone. Then click on “Save” button.
New User – User profile is useful for handling your device to a regular user, then select “Add user”.
After this you will require to sign in to or generating a new Google account.
- After setup the new user will have his/her own home screen and settings, which is different than others.
- Now added users can amuse theirselves around with your tablet device without accessing your personal information or they can create their own home screen with the apps they want to explore.
- You can add more users, and switch between them from the same setting screen.
Below are the steps to Change/Delete multiple users to your android lollipop
- It’s easy to delete or edit guest account or user account.
- Just go to Setting and then Users.
- This will show you a list of users which you have added, including you, the owner of the phone.
- You will find all user profile picture in round icon.
- Each user has a round icon on the right.
- Tapping on the round icon opens sub-menu to which you want to delete or edit.
- In submenu you will find more settings, in that you will get option of deleting user account or edit user account.
- Once you click on the Delete or Trash icon, particular account will get deleted.
- Once a user account is removed, all data from that account is lost like photos, accounts, contacts and all other things.
- Once you click on Edit account, make the necessary changes and click on save. This will update the particular user account on the device.
Using this facility different account types share any Android device running lollipop with a wide variety of people without putting your own data at risk.
This is great way for parents to allow kids to use their device.